Mounting a flat TV in the corner of your room can be a great idea, as it can free up valuable space and add to the aesthetic appeal of your room. However, before you go ahead and mount your TV, there are a few things you should know and consider to ensure that you mount your TV safely, securely, and conveniently. In this article, we will explore all that you need to know about mounting a flat TV in the corner of your room, including the benefits, tools and materials needed, step-by-step instructions, tips and tricks, and common mistakes to avoid.
Why Mounting a Flat TV in the Corner is a Great Idea
Mounting a flat TV in the corner of your room can be a great idea for several reasons. First, it can free up valuable space in your room that would have been used up by a TV stand or cabinet. This can create more space for other furniture and decor in your room. Second, mounting your TV in the corner can create a unique and stylish look in your room. It can also allow you to watch your TV comfortably from different angles in your room, making it more versatile and practical. Lastly, a wall-mounted TV is safer for households with children and pets, as it eliminates the risk of the TV tipping over accidentally.
Another advantage of mounting your TV in the corner is that it can help to reduce glare and reflections on the screen. This is because the TV is positioned away from direct sunlight or artificial light sources, which can cause unwanted reflections and make it difficult to see the screen clearly. Additionally, mounting your TV in the corner can help to create a more immersive viewing experience, as it can give the impression of a larger screen size and make you feel more immersed in the content you are watching.
When mounting your TV in the corner, it is important to choose the right type of mount and ensure that it is installed correctly. You should also consider the height and angle at which you want your TV to be mounted, as this can affect your viewing experience. It is recommended to seek professional help if you are unsure about how to mount your TV safely and securely.
The Benefits of Mounting a Flat TV in the Corner
Aside from the space-saving and aesthetic benefits mentioned above, there are other benefits to mounting a flat TV in the corner of your room. For one, it can enhance the acoustics of your room, especially if you have a home theatre system. This is because corner-mounted TVs can help to distribute sound more evenly throughout the room. Additionally, mounting your TV in the corner can help reduce glare and reflections, making it easier to watch your TV without straining your eyes.
Another benefit of mounting your flat TV in the corner is that it can provide a better viewing angle for everyone in the room. When a TV is mounted on a wall, it can be difficult to find the perfect viewing angle, especially if you have a large group of people watching. However, when a TV is mounted in the corner, it can be angled towards the center of the room, providing a better viewing experience for everyone. This is especially useful for sports games or movie nights with friends and family.
What You Need to Know Before Mounting a Flat TV in the Corner
Before you start mounting your flat TV in the corner of your room, there are a few things you should know and consider. First, you need to ensure that the wall you are mounting your TV on is sturdy enough to support the weight of your TV. You should also consider the height and angle at which you want to mount your TV, as this can affect both the viewing experience and the safety of your TV. Additionally, you should think about how you will run the cables and cords from your TV to the power outlet and other devices, as this can affect the overall look and convenience of your setup.
Another important factor to consider is the lighting in the room. If there is a lot of natural light coming in from windows or if there are bright lights in the room, it may affect the visibility of your TV. You may need to adjust the angle or position of your TV to avoid glare or reflections. Additionally, you may want to invest in curtains or blinds to control the amount of light in the room.
Finally, it’s important to think about the overall aesthetic of your room. Mounting a TV in the corner can be a great space-saving solution, but it can also be an eyesore if not done properly. Consider the size and style of your TV, as well as the decor of your room, when choosing a mount and placement for your TV. You may also want to hide the cables and cords using cable covers or in-wall solutions to create a clean and polished look.
Tools and Materials Needed for Mounting a Flat TV in the Corner
Here are some of the tools and materials you will need when mounting a flat TV in the corner of your room:
- Wall mount bracket
- TV mounting hardware
- Drill and drill bits
- Anchors and screws
- Tape measure
- Cord covers or raceways
- Stud finder
Step-by-Step Guide to Mounting a Flat TV in the Corner
To mount your flat TV in the corner of your room, follow these simple steps:
- Locate the area on the wall where you want to mount your TV.
- Use a stud finder to locate the studs behind the wall. Mark the center of each stud with a pencil.
- Hold the wall mount bracket up to the wall and align it with the center marks you made. Use a level to ensure it is straight.
- Drill pilot holes into the center of each stud through the holes in the wall mount bracket.
- Place anchors in the pilot holes if the studs are not centred.
- Secure the wall mount bracket to the wall using screws and a screwdriver.
- Attach the mounting hardware to the back of your TV.
- Hang the TV onto the wall mount bracket.
- Secure the TV in place using the locking mechanism provided by the wall mount bracket.
- Run cables and cords along the wall or via a cover or raceway to minimize the visual impact.
- Plug in your TV and test it to ensure that it is secure and working correctly.
Tips and Tricks for Mounting a Flat TV in the Corner
Here are some tips and tricks to help make the process of mounting your flat TV in the corner of your room smoother and more successful:
- Use a level to ensure that your TV is mount is straight and even.
- Measure the distance between the corner and your viewing area, as this can help you choose the right angle and height to mount your TV.
- Use cord covers or raceways to hide your cables and cords for a clean, streamlined look.
- Check the weight limit of your wall mount bracket before buying it to ensure it can support the weight of your TV.
- Make sure you have all the tools and materials before starting the process, this will help you save time and avoid any unnecessary trips to the store.
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Mounting a Flat TV in the Corner
Here are some common mistakes to avoid when mounting a flat TV in the corner of your room:
- Mounting your TV too high or at the wrong angle, which can cause neck strain and eye discomfort.
- Not using the appropriate tools or materials, which can lead to damage to both the TV and the wall.
- Not securing the wall mount bracket or the TV properly, which can cause the TV to fall off the wall and potentially cause injury.
- Not planning the cable routing properly, which can lead to an unsightly mess and potential safety hazards.
- Choosing a wall mount bracket that is not suitable for the size and weight of your TV, which can lead to instability and damage to your TV or wall.
How to Hide Cords and Cables When Mounting a Flat TV in the Corner
There are several ways to hide cords and cables when mounting a flat TV in the corner of your room. One option is to use cord covers or raceways to conceal the cords along the wall. These can be painted to match your wall color for a seamless look. Alternatively, you can run the cables through the wall if you have the expertise. No matter which option you choose, it is essential to ensure that the cords are safely and securely hidden to minimize the risk of accidents or injury.
How to Choose the Right Wall Mount for Your Flat TV in the Corner
Choosing the right wall mount bracket for your flat TV in the corner of your room is crucial for the safety and stability of your setup. Some important factors to consider when choosing a wall mount bracket include the size and weight of your TV, the VESA pattern on the back of your TV, and the flexibility of the wall mount bracket (tilt, swivel, or fixed) to ensure the best viewing experience. It is also important to choose a bracket that has been certified to meet safety standards and is compatible with the size of your TV.
Safety Precautions to Take When Mounting a Flat TV in the Corner
When mounting a flat TV in the corner of your room, it is essential to take safety precautions to minimize the risk of accidents and injuries. Some of these safety precautions include:
- Ensuring that the wall you are mounting your TV on is sturdy and can support the weight of your TV.
- Using appropriate tools and materials for the job.
- Installing the wall mount bracket and the TV properly and securely.
- Avoiding mounting the TV too high or at the wrong angle, which can cause neck strain and eye discomfort.
- Hiding cables and cords safely and securely.
- Regularly checking the wall mount bracket and the TV to ensure they are secure and stable.
Enhancing Viewing Experience by Choosing Right Angle for Your Flat TV Mounted on Wall
Choosing the right angle for your flat TV mounted on the wall can enhance your viewing experience and make it more enjoyable. Some important factors to consider when choosing the right angle include the distance between the corner and your viewing area, the height of the wall mount bracket, and the flexibility of the bracket (tilt, swivel, or fixed). You should ensure that the angle of your TV provides a comfortable viewing experience without causing neck strain or eye discomfort. You can also consider using a TV mount bracket with a tilt function to adjust the angle of your TV for optimal viewing.
Mounting a flat TV in the corner of your room can be a great idea, as it can save space, enhance your viewing experience, and add to the aesthetic appeal of your room. However, it is essential to take the time to plan, prepare, and execute the process properly to ensure that you mount your TV safely, securely, and conveniently. Use the information provided in this article as a guide to help you through the process and avoid common mistakes.