Are you planning to mount your TV on the wall to save some space and enhance your viewing experience? Look no further than the Inwood Swivel TV Mount – a sleek and sturdy solution for your home entertainment setup. In this article, we will guide you through the process of installing an Inwood Swivel TV Mount step by step.
Why choose an Inwood Swivel TV Mount?
The Inwood Swivel TV Mount stands out from its competitors for several reasons. First off, the swinging arm allows you to adjust the viewing angle and position of your TV to suit your preferences. Additionally, its solid construction ensures that your TV stays firmly in place while avoiding any wobbling or tilting. Finally, it’s designed to be easy to install and conceal cables for a neat and organized setup without any unsightly wires hanging around.
But that’s not all. The Inwood Swivel TV Mount is also incredibly versatile. It can accommodate a wide range of TV sizes and weights, making it a great choice for any home theater setup. Whether you have a small TV in your bedroom or a large one in your living room, this mount can handle it with ease.
Another advantage of the Inwood Swivel TV Mount is its durability. Made from high-quality materials, it’s built to last and withstand the wear and tear of daily use. You can trust that your TV will be safe and secure on this mount for years to come.
Tools required for installing Inwood Swivel TV Mount:
Before beginning the installation, make sure you have the necessary tools:
- Drill and bits
- Stud finder
- Screwdrivers (flathead and Philips)
- Measuring tape or ruler
- Pencil or marker
Additionally, it is recommended to have a level to ensure the mount is straight and a friend to assist with holding the mount while attaching it to the wall.
Preparation before installing Inwood Swivel TV Mount:
Ensure you have all the tools ready and then follow these few steps:
- Find a suitable location for the mount on a suitable wall based on your preferences for viewing angle and line of sight. Use the stud finder to locate the studs in the wall.
- Measure the distance you want to place the mount from the floor, ensuring it is around eye level when seated.
- Use the measuring tape to mark the exact position for the mount on the wall with a pencil or marker.
- Double-check that the measurements are correct and make any necessary final adjustments.
Once you have marked the position for the mount, it is important to ensure that the wall is clean and free of any debris or dust. This will ensure that the mount adheres properly to the wall and does not fall off.
Before drilling any holes, it is also important to check for any electrical wires or pipes that may be hidden behind the wall. You can use a wire detector to locate any wires or pipes and avoid drilling into them.
Steps to mount Inwood Swivel TV Mount on the wall:
With the necessary preparation done, it’s time to start mounting the Inwood Swivel TV Mount to the wall:
- Align the mounting bracket on the wall with the markings you’ve made on the wall and studs.
- Using the drill and screws, attach the bracket to the wall, making sure to fasten it securely to the studs.
- Attach the vertical arms of the mount to the horizontal plate on the wall bracket.
- Use a screwdriver to tighten all the bolts and screws and ensure that they are firmly in place.
- Attach the TV mounting plate to the back of the TV, making sure that it is securely fastened to the TV.
- Lift the TV and mounting plate onto the Inwood Swivel TV Mount and adjust the angle of the TV as desired.
- Test the TV to make sure it is secure and does not wiggle or move.
It is important to note that the Inwood Swivel TV Mount is designed to hold TVs of up to 55 inches and weighing up to 77 pounds. If your TV is larger or heavier than this, it is not recommended to use this mount.
Additionally, before mounting the TV, it is recommended to check the wall for any electrical wires or plumbing that may be hidden behind the wall. If you are unsure, it is best to consult a professional to avoid any damage or accidents.
How to adjust the swivel angle of Inwood Swivel TV Mount:
Now that your TV is mounted on the wall, adjusting the swivel angle is an easy process:
- Loosen the bolts on the swivel arm using your screwdriver
- Move the TV into the desired position – up, down, left, or right.
- Retighten the bolts once the TV is in the desired position.
It is important to note that the Inwood Swivel TV Mount has a weight limit of 55 pounds. If your TV exceeds this weight limit, it is not recommended to use this mount. Additionally, make sure to check the compatibility of your TV with the mount before purchasing.
Tips for hiding cables with Inwood Swivel TV Mount installation:
One of the most significant advantages of the Inwood Swivel TV Mount is its cable management system, which keeps your cables hidden and tidy. Here are a few tips:
- Use a cable wrapper or zip ties to bundle your cables, reducing clutter and making them easier to handle.
- Thread your cables through the mount’s arms and down to the ground, keeping them neatly behind the TV and out of sight.
- Use a cable cover to conceal the cable bundle snaking down from your TV.
Another useful tip for hiding cables with the Inwood Swivel TV Mount is to use adhesive cable clips to secure the cables to the wall or furniture. This will prevent them from dangling and creating an eyesore. Additionally, you can use a cable sleeve to cover the cables running along the wall, creating a seamless and professional look. By following these tips, you can achieve a clean and organized setup with your Inwood Swivel TV Mount.
How to ensure safety while installing Inwood Swivel TV Mount:
Safety is crucial when mounting a TV, and here are some guidelines to follow:
- Always use a helping hand when lifting the TV and mounting it on the bracket to avoid any accidents or injury.
- Make sure to mount the TV onto sturdy studs in the wall, rather than just drywall, to avoid any collapse or damage to the wall.
- Double-check that all bolts, screws, and parts are securely fastened when installing the mount to avoid TV wobbling or accidents.
It is also important to consider the weight and size of your TV when selecting a mount. Make sure to choose a mount that is rated for the weight and size of your TV to ensure it can support it properly. Additionally, it is recommended to have a professional install the mount if you are unsure about the process or do not have experience with mounting TVs. This can help ensure that the mount is installed correctly and safely.
Troubleshooting common issues during installation of Inwood Swivel TV Mount:
If something isn’t working quite right, here are some common issues you might encounter and their solutions:
- If you find that the mount’s bracket is not perfectly level, you can adjust it by loosening the bolts, shifting it slightly, and then retightening them.
- If you can’t find a stud where you want to mount your TV, use a toggle bolt instead of a wood screw.
- If you realize that the mount arm is too short or too long to make the TV visible in your preferred viewing position, you can alter it’s swivel angle or adjust the TV mounting plate’s alignment accordingly
However, there are some other issues that you might encounter during the installation of the Inwood Swivel TV Mount. One of the most common issues is the lack of proper tools. Make sure you have all the necessary tools before starting the installation process. This will save you time and frustration.
Another issue that you might face is the weight of your TV. The Inwood Swivel TV Mount is designed to hold a certain weight limit. If your TV is heavier than the recommended weight limit, it might cause the mount to fail. Make sure you check the weight limit of the mount before purchasing it and ensure that your TV is within the recommended weight range.
Maintaining and cleaning your Inwood Swivel TV Mount after installation:
Maintenance of your Inwood Swivel TV Mount is essential to continue enjoying the best viewing experience. Here’s what to keep in mind as you care for your mount:
- Periodically clean your mount with a damp cloth to remove any dust or debris accumulated on the surface.
- Do not use abrasive or chemical cleaners to clean or maintain your mount, as it could damage the surface.
Comparing Inwood Swivel TV Mount with other similar products:
When it comes to TV mounting solutions, the Inwood Swivel TV Mount goes above and beyond what other products bring to the table. Here are some of the differences:
- The Inwood Swivel TV Mount has a greater range of motion, making it easier to tilt the TV to your ideal viewing angle.
- The mount is constructed sturdy and ensures that your TV stays firmly in place and doesn’t wobble even when you swivel it.
- It comes with a cable management system that keeps cables organized and out of tangle, and sight unlike other products that lack in this aspect.
- Overall, the Inwood Swivel TV Mount offers an impressive package that is worth the investment for any home entertainment setup.
Customer reviews and feedback on Inwood Swivel TV Mount:
While we stand behind the Inwood Swivel TV Mount, you don’t have to take our word for it. Here are reviews and feedback from satisfied customers:
- “The Inwood Swivel TV Mount was super easy to install, and I love how it’s sturdy and keeps my TV from tilting or wobbling as the old mount used to do. I also love how I can swing it out to see it from other parts of the room.” – Jane M.
- “The cable management system is a lifesaver. We no longer have a mess of wires around the TV. The mount’s quality and design are impressive for its price.” – Mike F.
- “I was hesitant about drilling holes in my wall, but the instructions were very clear, and the installation was a breeze. After installing, I felt like I had a whole new TV setup!” – Sarah T.
Overall, the Inwood Swivel TV Mount is an exceptional product that simplifies and transforms your home entertainment setup. With efficient cable management, easy installation, flexible range of motion, and sturdy construction, you can’t go wrong with the Inwood Swivel TV Mount. Happy viewing!