When it comes to mounting your 60-inch television, finding the best swivel TV mount is essential. Not only does it allow you to adjust the viewing angle to suit your needs, but it also helps in saving space and reducing glare. With the plethora of options available in the market, selecting the right one can be an overwhelming task. In this article, we will discuss the different factors you need to consider before settling on a swivel TV mount. We will also list ten of the best swivel TV mounts for 60-inch TVs in 2021, and guide you on how to install one.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Swivel TV Mount for a 60-inch TV
The first thing you need to know is the maximum weight capacity of the swivel TV mount. Since a 60-inch TV weighs more than regular-sized TVs, it requires a sturdy and robust mount that can support its weight. Therefore, look for a mount that has a weight capacity of at least 75 pounds.
You also need to determine the VESA pattern of your TV. VESA refers to the spacing between the mounting holes on the back of your TV. Check the manual or the manufacturer’s website to find the VESA pattern of your TV. Once you have that, ensure that the swivel TV mount you intend to buy is compatible with your TV’s VESA pattern.
Another crucial factor to consider is the viewing angle. Look for a swivel TV mount that can rotate 180 degrees or more. This feature enables you to adjust your TV’s viewing angle to get the best possible picture quality from any part of the room.
Finally, consider the wall’s structure where you intend to mount the swivel TV. Choose a sturdy and robust wall that can support the swivel TV mount and the TV’s weight. It’s also essential to understand the installation process and whether you can carry it out on your own or need professional help.
Additionally, you may want to consider the cable management system of the swivel TV mount. A good cable management system will help you keep your cables organized and hidden, giving your entertainment area a neat and tidy appearance. Some swivel TV mounts come with built-in cable management systems, while others require you to purchase them separately. Therefore, ensure that you factor in the cost of a cable management system if the swivel TV mount you intend to buy doesn’t come with one.
Top 10 Swivel TV Mounts for 60-inch TVs in 2021
After thorough research and testing, we have come up with a list of the best swivel TV mounts for 60-inch TVs in 2021. These are;
- VideoSecu MW380B5 Full Motion Wall Mount
- AmazonBasics Ultra-Thin Full-Motion TV Wall Mount
- Cheetah Mounts APTMM2B TV Wall Mount
- Vogel’s TMS1000 Tablet Mount
- Impact Mounts Lcd Led Plasma Flat Tilt TV Wall Mount Bracket
- Mount-It! Full Motion Tilt Swivel TV Wall Mount
- Kanto Full-Motion TV Wall Mount For Most 37″-75″ Flat-Panel TVs
- Pro-X ProX XT-SSS18 Heavy Duty Professional Speaker Stand
- Ready Set Mount Full Motion Wall Mount
- Sanus VMPL50A Tilting Wall Mount
When choosing a swivel TV mount, it is important to consider the weight and size of your TV. Make sure the mount you choose can support the weight of your TV and is compatible with its size. Additionally, consider the viewing angle and adjustability of the mount. A good swivel TV mount should allow you to adjust the angle of your TV for optimal viewing.
Another important factor to consider is the installation process. Some swivel TV mounts require professional installation, while others can be easily installed by the user. Make sure to read the installation instructions carefully and choose a mount that you feel comfortable installing yourself or hire a professional to do it for you.
How to Install a Swivel TV Mount for a 60-inch TV
Now that you have selected the best swivel TV mount for your 60-inch TV let’s guide you on how to install it:
- Begin by locating the wall studs with a stud finder and mark their positions on the wall.
- Open the mounting bracket and lay it out on a flat surface. Ensure that all brackets and screws are present before proceeding.
- Attach the mounting bracket onto the back of the TV using the appropriate screws and tighten them using a screwdriver.
- With the help of a friend, hold the mounting bracket against the wall, and align it with the wall studs. Use a level to ensure that the bracket is perfectly levelled.
- Use an electric drill to make pilot holes through the bracket’s holes and into the wall studs.
- Drive the appropriate screws through the bracket’s mounting holes and into the pilot holes, ensuring that the bracket is securely fastened to the wall.
- Attach the arms of the swivel mount onto the mounting bracket, ensuring that they are tight and secure.
- Gently lift your TV into place on the wall mount and secure it in place with screws.
- Finally, adjust the viewing angle to suit your needs.
It is important to note that the weight of your TV should not exceed the weight limit of the swivel mount. Exceeding the weight limit can cause the mount to fail and damage your TV or injure someone. Always check the weight limit of the mount before purchasing and installing it.
Benefits of Using a Swivel TV Mount for a 60-inch TV
Swivel TV mounts offer several benefits, including:
- Adjustable viewing angles
- Enhanced picture quality due to reduced glare
- Saves space
- Reduces neck and eye strain
- Improved room aesthetics
Another benefit of using a swivel TV mount for a 60-inch TV is that it allows for easy cable management. With the ability to swivel the TV, you can easily access the back of the TV to plug in or unplug cables without having to move the entire TV or struggle to reach behind it.
Additionally, swivel TV mounts are often more durable and secure than traditional fixed mounts. They are designed to hold the weight of larger TVs and can withstand movement and adjustments without compromising the safety of the TV or the mount itself.
Comparing Fixed and Swivel TV Mounts for 60-inch TVs: Which is Better?
The choice between a fixed and swivel TV mount ultimately depends on your preferences. While a fixed TV mount is cheaper, more straightforward to install and works best in rooms with limited space, a swivel TV mount is more expensive but offers much more versatility in terms of viewing angles. If you love to change positions while watching TV, a swivel TV mount is the better option.
Another factor to consider when choosing between a fixed and swivel TV mount is the weight of your TV. Fixed TV mounts are typically designed to support a specific weight range, and if your TV is heavier than the recommended weight, it may not be safe to use a fixed mount. Swivel TV mounts, on the other hand, are generally more robust and can support heavier TVs.
It’s also worth noting that swivel TV mounts can be more challenging to install than fixed mounts. They require more hardware and may need to be attached to a stud in the wall for added stability. If you’re not comfortable with DIY projects or don’t have experience with mounting TVs, it may be best to hire a professional to install your swivel mount.
How to Choose the Right Wall for Mounting your Swivel TV Mount
The right wall for mounting your swivel TV mount should be sturdy, robust, and able to support the weight of your TV. Preferably, mount your TV on a wall stud since it is the most secure point to drive screws. Ensure that the wall is free from any hazards like electric cables, and consider the viewing angle from different parts of the wall.
Another important factor to consider when choosing the right wall for mounting your swivel TV mount is the height of the wall. You want to make sure that the TV is mounted at a comfortable viewing height for everyone in the room. A good rule of thumb is to mount the TV at eye level when seated.
Additionally, it’s important to consider the location of the wall in relation to other furniture in the room. You want to make sure that the TV is mounted in a location that allows for comfortable viewing from all seating areas in the room. Take into account any potential glare from windows or lighting fixtures, and adjust the placement of the TV accordingly.
Safety Precautions to Follow When Installing a Swivel TV Mount for a 60-inch TV
Mounting a swivel TV mount requires caution and keen attention to details so as not to damage your TV or risk injury. Always:
- Use the right tools for the job
- Read and follow the installation manual to the letter
- Securely fasten screws and bolts
- Do not exceed the maximum weight capacity of the mount
- Ensure that the mount is correctly aligned and levelled to avoid slippage
- Avoid electrical cables and other hazards when drilling into the wall
With these tips, you should be able to select the best swivel TV mount for your 60-inch TV, install it safely and enjoy your viewing entertainment in style.
It is also important to consider the location of the mount. Make sure that it is installed on a sturdy wall that can support the weight of the TV and the mount. Avoid installing the mount on a wall that is prone to vibrations or movement, such as a wall near a busy road or a washing machine. Additionally, ensure that the mount is installed at a comfortable viewing height and angle to prevent neck and eye strain. By taking these extra precautions, you can ensure a safe and enjoyable viewing experience.