A 70-inch TV is an impressive device that can offer crystal-clear visuals, stunning color, and incredible sound quality. If you want to make the most of your TV’s viewing experience, you need to find the best fixed TV mount for it. In this article, we’ll be exploring the different factors you need to consider when choosing a fixed TV mount for your 70-inch TV, as well as the top 5 picks available in the market, how to install it, improve viewing experience and maintain it.
Factors to consider when choosing a fixed TV mount for a 70-inch TV
Before we dive into the list of the best fixed TV mounts for 70-inch TVs, it’s important to understand the key factors you need to keep in mind when choosing a mount.
The first factor is the weight capacity of the mount. A 70-inch TV is a heavy device, so it’s important to get a mount that can support the weight of your TV without putting unnecessary strain on your wall. When buying a fixed TV mount, make sure to check the weight capacity of the product, and compare it with the weight of your TV to ensure that it is a perfect fit.
The second factor is the VESA pattern of your TV. VESA stands for Video Electronics Standards Association, and is a standard pattern used by most TV manufacturers for their mounting points. Make sure to measure the VESA pattern of your TV to ensure that it matches the VESA pattern of your preferred fixed TV mount.
The third factor is the type of wall on which the TV mount will be placed. The mount should be fixed securely to the wall to avoid any accidents. If your wall is made of drywall or plaster, you may need to use additional anchors to secure the mount. For brick walls, you will need to use masonry anchors.
Another important factor to consider when choosing a fixed TV mount for a 70-inch TV is the viewing angle. You want to make sure that the mount allows you to adjust the angle of the TV to your preferred viewing position. Some fixed TV mounts have a fixed viewing angle, while others allow for tilting or swiveling. Consider your room layout and seating arrangement to determine the best viewing angle for your TV.
Top 5 fixed TV mounts for 70-inch TVs on the market
Now that we know what factors to consider, let’s take a look at the top 5 fixed TV mounts available in the market:
- Sanus VML5-B1: This fixed TV mount can support up to 125 pounds and offers ultra-thin mounting. It also comes with a locking mechanism to prevent your TV from slipping off the mount.
- VIVO Extra Large Heavy Duty Wall Mount: This mount can hold up to 165 pounds and has a low profile design. It also has a steel frame and installation hardware that ensures the mount is secure.
- PERLESMITH Low Profile Wall Mount Bracket: This mount is capable of holding up to 132 pounds and has a profile of only 1.5 inches. It also has a unique design for easy installation and adjustment.
- Rocketfish RF-TVMLPT03: This mount can support up to 130 pounds and has a lift and lock design for easy installation. It also comes with a locking system to prevent your TV from falling off the mount.
- Kanto PDX650 Full Motion Wall Mount: This mount can hold up to 125 pounds and allows you to tilt, swivel and extend your TV. It also has a cable management system to keep your cables neat and tidy.
It’s important to note that when choosing a fixed TV mount, it’s crucial to ensure that the mount is compatible with your TV’s VESA pattern. The VESA pattern is the distance between the mounting holes on the back of your TV. Most mounts are compatible with VESA patterns, but it’s always best to double-check before making a purchase.
Detailed review of the best fixed TV mount for 70-inch TVs
To help you delve deeper into the pros and cons of each of these top picks, we’ve gone ahead to review the best fixed TV mount for a 70-inch TV – the Sanus VML5-B1.
The Sanus VML5-B1 is a high-quality fixed TV mount that can hold up to 125 pounds. It has a locking system that prevents your TV from sliding off the mount, and it’s designed with ultra-thin mounting to keep your TV as close to the wall as possible. It also comes with a unique leveling mechanism that makes installation a breeze.
One downside of the Sanus VML5-B1 is that it’s slightly more expensive than other fixed TV mounts on the market. However, it’s worth the investment if you want the best quality and security for your 70-inch TV.
Another advantage of the Sanus VML5-B1 is that it’s compatible with a wide range of VESA patterns, making it suitable for most 70-inch TVs. Additionally, it has a low profile design that allows you to mount your TV flush against the wall, giving your living room a sleek and modern look.
How to properly install a fixed TV mount for a 70-inch TV
After purchasing the perfect fixed TV mount for your 70-inch TV, the next step is to install it correctly. Here are the steps to follow:
- Measure the height you’d like your TV to be on the wall and mark the position.
- Attach the mounting plate of the TV mount to the back of your TV, ensuring that it’s well centered.
- Drill the holes on the wall using the template on the mounting plate and insert the anchor screws in place.
- Attach the mounting plate to the wall with screws while placing the locking mechanisms for added security.
- Finally, lift and mount your TV onto the wall plate, and secure it in place by using security screws.
It’s important to note that the weight of your TV should be taken into consideration when choosing the right fixed TV mount. Make sure to check the weight capacity of the mount and ensure that it can support the weight of your TV. Additionally, it’s recommended to have a second person assist you during the installation process to ensure safety and accuracy.
Comparison of fixed vs. tilting TV mounts for 70-inch TVs
While fixed TV mounts are the most common type of mount, it’s worth considering a tilting TV mount if you want to adjust the TV angle upwards or downwards. Here are the key differences between fixed and tilting TV mounts:
- Fixed TV mounts are typically cheaper than tilting TV mounts.
- Tilting TV mounts allow you to adjust the TV angle, while fixed TV mounts offer no such flexibility.
- Tilting TV mounts can be harder to install compared to fixed TV mounts.
- If you’re mounting your TV above eye level, a tilting TV mount can help improve the viewing angle.
It’s important to note that the weight of your TV should also be taken into consideration when choosing between a fixed or tilting TV mount. Tilting TV mounts are generally recommended for heavier TVs, as they provide better support and stability. Additionally, if you plan on mounting your TV in a high-traffic area or in a home with children or pets, a tilting TV mount can help prevent accidental bumps or knocks to the TV.
Tips for maximizing viewing experience with a fixed TV mount
After installing a fixed TV mount, here are some tips that can help improve your viewing experience:
- Mount your TV at eye level to prevent neck strain.
- Use a cable management system to ensure your cables remain tidy and out of sight.
- Maximize the sound quality of your speakers by directing them towards your seating area.
Another tip to consider is to adjust the brightness and contrast settings on your TV to match the lighting in your room. This can help reduce eye strain and make the viewing experience more comfortable.
Additionally, if you have a large room or seating area, consider investing in a larger TV to fully immerse yourself in the content. A larger TV can also help reduce the distance between you and the screen, making it easier to see details and read text.
Affordable options for a fixed TV mount for 70-inch TVs
If you’re on a budget, there are still amazing fixed TV mounts you can buy for your 70-inch TV. Here are some great options:
- MOUNTUP UL TV Wall Mount Bracket for 37-70 Inch TVs – This mount can hold up to 100 pounds and has an affordable price tag.
- ST500 Ultra-Slim Fixed TV Wall Mount for 37 in. – 70 in. TVs – This mount has a low profile design and can hold up to 110 pounds.
- MIDE fixed mount bracket for 55-80 inch TV – This affordable mount can support up to 165 pounds and has a simple design for easy installation.
How to maintain your fixed TV mount and extend its lifespan
To extend the lifespan of your fixed TV mount, here are some tips to follow:
- Clean the mount regularly with a dry cloth to prevent dust buildup.
- Check the tightness of the mount every few months to ensure it’s still secure.
- Keep the mount away from water or moisture to prevent rust.
Frequently asked questions about fixed TV mounts for 70-inch TVs
Here are some commonly asked questions about fixed TV mounts:
1. Can fixed TV mounts hold a 70-inch TV?
Yes, fixed TV mounts can hold a 70-inch TV, but you need to ensure that the mount you choose has the weight capacity to hold your TV.
2. How much does a fixed TV mount cost?
The cost of a fixed TV mount varies depending on the brand, weight capacity, and quality. You can expect to pay anywhere from $20 to $150 for a fixed TV mount.
3. Can I install a fixed TV mount myself?
Yes, you can install a fixed TV mount yourself as long as you have the right tools and follow the instructions carefully. If you’re unsure, it’s always best to hire a professional to do it for you.
4. Can fixed TV mounts damage the wall?
Fixed TV mounts can damage the wall if they aren’t installed correctly. Make sure to use the right anchors and screws, and follow the instructions carefully to avoid damaging the wall.
Choosing the best fixed TV mount for your 70-inch TV is important for maximizing your viewing experience. Make sure to consider the weight capacity, VESA pattern, and wall type when choosing a mount. The Sanus VML5-B1 is our top pick for the best fixed TV mount due to its quality, security, and durability. Use the tips we’ve shared to help you maintain your fixed TV mount and extend its lifespan. By following our advice, you can ensure that your TV mount remains secure and in good condition for years to come.