If you’re looking for a TV stand that can hold your television set and also elevate it to eye level, then a TV stand with mount is a great option. But how do you choose the right one for your space and install it properly? In this guide, we’ll take you through all the steps you need to consider when buying a TV stand with mount, from the benefits to the different types and materials, to installation and maintenance tips, and much more. By the end of this article, you’ll be well-equipped to make an informed decision on the best TV stand with mount for your home entertainment needs.
The Benefits of a TV Stand with Mount
A TV stand with mount is a great solution for those who want to save space, create a clean look and improve their TV viewing experience. By having a TV stand with mount, there’s no need to purchase a separate wall mount or hire someone to install it, which can often be complicated and time-consuming. Additionally, having a TV stand with mount keeps your TV at eye level, reducing neck strain and improving your overall viewing experience. Finally, TV stands with mounts come in various designs and sizes, so you can choose one to complement your living room style and TV size.
Types of TV Stand with Mounts to Consider
Before purchasing a TV stand with mount, you need to consider the type that will best suit your space and needs. Here are the most common types of TV stand with mounts:
- Swivel TV stand with mount: Allows you to move your TV’s position horizontally and vertically, so you can adjust it to reduce glare or view it from different angles in the room.
- Fixed TV stand with mount: A stationary mount that doesn’t have any swivel or tilt functionality but is great for flat wall spaces.
- Cantilever TV stand with mount: Features a long, articulated arm that extends from the mount and can be angled to suit the viewing angle. Perfect for larger spaces or if you need to adjust your TV positioning frequently.
- Electric TV stand with mount: Allows you to adjust your TV’s height and position via remote control. Ideal for people who may have back or neck issues and need to frequently adjust the TV’s position.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a TV Stand with Mount
Choosing the right TV stand with mount involves considering several factors. Here are some of the most important ones to keep in mind:
- TV size: Ensure that your TV stand with mount can support your TV’s size and weight.
- Room size: Determine how much space you have to work with and choose a stand with mount that won’t overpower the room but is still functional.
- Style: Choose a design that suits your decor, whether it’s a modern, traditional or rustic look.
- Budget: Determine how much you’re willing to spend and make sure to choose the right TV stand with mount that fits your price range.
How to Install a TV Stand with Mount: Step-by-Step Guide
Installing a TV stand with mount requires some basic tools and careful attention to detail. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you get the job done:
- Start by assembling the TV stand with mount according to the instructions that came with it.
- Attach the mounting plate to the back of your TV using the screws provided.
- Locate the wall studs where you want to position your TV stand with mount and mark them with a pencil.
- Attach the mounting bracket to the wall using the appropriate screws that match the wall type (i.e. drywall, brick or concrete).
- Attach the TV mounting plate to the mounting bracket using the screws provided.
- Finally, lift your TV into place and secure it to the TV stand with mount.
Tips for Mounting Your TV on a TV Stand
If you want to ensure that your TV is secure on the mount, here are some helpful tips to keep in mind:
- Use the right screws: Check the instructions and make sure the screws you’re using are the correct size and length for your TV and mount.
- Check for balance: Make sure the TV is level and that it’s not tilting to one side. Adjust the mount as needed until your TV is perfectly balanced.
- Test the mount: After installing, give your TV a gentle push to check if it’s secure and won’t wobble or fall.
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Installing a TV Stand with Mount
Here are some of the most common mistakes people make when installing a TV stand with mount and how to avoid them:
- Not reading the instructions carefully: Make sure you read the instructions thoroughly before starting. This will save you time in the long run as you won’t have to disassemble and reassemble the stand.
- Choosing the wrong size: Double-check the TV stand with mount’s size and weight specifications to make sure they match your TV. Don’t assume that a larger mount will support any size TV.
- Not balancing the TV: Make sure your TV is level and balanced on the mount. This will prevent it from wobbling or even falling off.
How to Choose the Right Height for Your TV on the Stand
When choosing the height for your TV on the stand with mount, you need to consider the following:
- Eye level: Measure the distance from the floor to your eyes when you’re sitting on the couch. Make sure your TV’s center is at that height, or slightly above it, to reduce neck strain when you’re watching TV.
- Room size: If you have a large room or if you’re sitting further away from the TV, you may want to consider a higher mounting position.
- Fixed vs. adjustable mount: If you’re using an adjustable mount, you have the flexibility to change the height after installation. If you have a fixed mount, you need to be more careful with your initial height choice.
Adding Accessories to Your TV Stand with Mount: Speakers, Soundbars and More
To enhance your viewing experience, you may want to add accessories to your TV stand with mount. Here are some popular ones:
- Soundbar: A soundbar offers better sound quality than your TV’s built-in speakers, and can be mounted directly to your TV stand.
- Speakers: If you’re a fan of surround sound, consider mounting speakers on the wall next to your TV.
- Smart TV kit: A smart TV kit can turn your TV into a smart device allowing you to access streaming services and other smart functionalities.
How to Keep Cables Neatly Organized Behind Your TV Stand with Mount
Organizing cables behind your TV stand with mount can be tricky. Here are some tips to help you keep your cables tidy:
- Cable ties: Use cable ties to bundle cables together and keep them out of sight.
- Cable cover: A cable cover can help keep your cables hidden while ensuring they remain easily accessible for future adjustments.
- Cable clips: Cable clips can hold cables in place against your TV stand with mount, preventing them from dangling and getting in the way.
Maintenance Tips for Your TV Stand with Mount: Keeping It Clean and Functional
To keep your TV stand with mount looking and functioning optimally, you should perform regular maintenance. Here are some tips to consider:
- Clean it often: Use a damp cloth to wipe down the stand to remove dust or dirt. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasives that can scratch or damage the stand.
- Check for stability: Periodically check the mount to make sure it’s still secure and level. If you notice anything unusual, tighten any loose screws.
- Review the warranty: Check the warranty period and any stipulations for cleaning or maintenance to ensure you remain covered.
DIY Ideas for Creating a Custom TV Stand with Mount
If you’re looking for a more unique TV stand with mount, consider creating your own. Here are some DIY ideas:
- Using crates for storage: Stack wooden crates and attach a TV mount. This design is great for storage and can add a rustic touch to your space.
- Using a dresser: Take an old dresser and remove the drawers. Attach a TV mount and use the remaining space for storage.
- Repurpose an old pallet: Pallets can easily be turned into TV stands by sanding and staining them. Attach a TV mount and add some industrial-style legs.
Comparing the Different Materials Used In TV Stands with Mounts
TV stands with mounts come in different materials, each with its unique characteristics. Here’s a breakdown of the most common materials:
- Metal: Metal TV stands with mounts tend to be sturdy and long-lasting. However, they may be more challenging to move around the room if you need to rearrange your space.
- Glass: Glass TV stands with mounts are popular for their modern and elegant look. However, they’re more prone to scratches and may be unsuitable for households with young children or pets.
- Wood: Wood TV stands with mounts can add warmth and a classic look to any room. They’re also more portable as they weigh less and are easier to move than metal or glass stands.
Styling Tips For A TV Stand With A Mounted TV In A Living Room
A TV stand with a mounted TV can be an excellent focal point in your living room. Here are some styling tips to make the most of this design feature:
- Add accent pieces: Decorate the top of the TV stand with mounted TV with vases, candles, or other decorative items.
- Complement your decor: Choose a stand color or finish that matches your living room color scheme for a more cohesive look.
- Use a rug: Place a rug underneath the TV stand with mounted TV to help anchor it and create a sense of coziness in the space.
Enhancing The Viewing Experience Through A TV Stand With A Mounted TV
A TV stand with mounted TV doesn’t just improve the aesthetics of your living room. It can also enhance your viewing experience. Here’s how:
- Eliminate glare: Adjust your TV stand with mount to a position where there are no window or light reflections that could cause a glare on your TV screen.
- Improve sound quality: As mentioned earlier, adding a soundbar or speakers to your TV stand with mount can help improve the quality of the sound for a more immersive experience.
- Adjust the height: Make sure the height of the TV stand with mounted TV is appropriate for comfortable viewing, as we’ve highlighted earlier.
In conclusion, a TV stand with mount is an excellent investment for any household. By following the tips we’ve outlined, you can ensure that you choose the right type of mount for your space, install it correctly and enjoy all the benefits it brings to your viewing experience. Whether you prefer a DIY approach or simply selecting the right stand, the right TV stand with mount can make all the difference in your home entertainment.