Are you planning to install a new Sanus TV wall mount but unsure of how to measure it? Proper measurement is crucial to ensure a flawless TV mounting experience. In this guide, we’ll take you through why measuring a Sanus TV wall mount is important, the tools you’ll need, and a step-by-step process on how to measure it correctly. We will also discuss common mistakes to avoid, how to determine the correct size of wall mount for your TV, and troubleshooting tips.
Why is Measuring Your Sanus Tv Wall Mount Important?
Measuring your Sanus TV wall mount is an essential step in ensuring a secure installation and proper viewing experience. An incorrectly sized wall mount can cause your TV to hang off-center, tilt crookedly, or even fall off its support brackets. These problems not only look unprofessional but also pose a safety risk to people and surrounding objects in the room. Therefore, it’s necessary to take precise measurements and confirm that the wall mount you choose has the correct dimensions for your TV and the space you intend to hang it in.
Another important factor to consider when measuring your Sanus TV wall mount is the weight capacity of the mount. Each wall mount has a specific weight limit, and exceeding this limit can cause the mount to fail and your TV to fall. It’s crucial to check the weight of your TV and ensure that it falls within the weight capacity of the wall mount you choose. Additionally, if you plan to add any accessories to your TV, such as a soundbar or gaming console, you must factor in their weight as well. By taking these factors into account, you can ensure a safe and secure installation of your Sanus TV wall mount.
Tools You’ll Need to Measure Your Sanus Tv Wall Mount
Before we dive into measuring, ensure that you have the following tools on hand:
- Tape measure
- Carpenter’s level
- Pencil or marker
- Sturdy step ladder (if needed)
It’s important to note that the size and weight of your TV will also determine the type of wall mount you need. Be sure to check the specifications of your TV and the wall mount to ensure compatibility. Additionally, if you are mounting the TV on a wall with studs, you may need a stud finder to locate the studs for secure installation.
Step-by-Step Guide to Measuring Your Sanus Tv Wall Mount
Follow these instructions to measure your Sanus TV wall mount accurately:
- First, locate the center of where you want to place your TV. Use a measuring tape to find the center of the wall or the cabinet where you plan on hanging the TV. Mark the area using a pencil or marker. This center mark will help you position your wall mount accurately.
- Measure the TV size. Measure the diagonal size of your TV screen (in inches). This measurement will help you choose the correct wall mount size and determine the distance it should be from the wall.
- Measure the VESA pattern. The VESA pattern is the distance between the holes in the back of your TV where you will attach the wall mount. Measure the horizontal and vertical distances between these holes (in millimeters). This measurement will ensure that your wall mount bracket will fit your TV’s VESA pattern.
- Determine the viewing angle. Next, measure the distance between where you plan to install your wall mount and the spot where you plan to sit to watch TV. This distance will help you determine the correct viewing angle and the ideal location to mount your TV.
- Measure the wall space. Finally, measure the height and width of the wall space where you want to attach your wall mount. Ensure that the wall mount size you choose can fit within these dimensions.
It is important to note that when measuring the wall space, you should also consider any obstructions that may affect the placement of your TV. For example, if there is a fireplace or a window on the wall, you may need to adjust the placement of your TV accordingly. Additionally, if you plan on mounting your TV above a piece of furniture, make sure that the furniture is sturdy enough to support the weight of the TV and the wall mount.
Tips for Accurately Measuring Your Sanus Tv Wall Mount
To ensure your measurements are precise, follow these tips:
- Use a carpenter’s level to confirm that all your measurements are level and straight.
- Double-check all your measurements before purchasing a wall mount.
- Have a friend or family member assist you in holding the TV to take accurate measurements of the VESA pattern and distance from the wall.
- If you plan to move your TV from room to room in the future, choose a universal wall mount that will fit a variety of TV sizes and brands.
It’s also important to consider the weight of your TV when selecting a wall mount. Make sure the mount you choose can support the weight of your TV to prevent any accidents or damage to your wall. Additionally, if you have any doubts about your ability to install the wall mount yourself, it’s always best to hire a professional to ensure the job is done safely and correctly.
What Measurements You Need to Take for Your Sanus Tv Wall Mount
To measure your Sanus TV wall mount, you will need to take the following measurements:
- TV size (diagonal measurement)
- VESA pattern (horizontal and vertical measurements between holes in the back of the TV)
- Viewing distance (distance between the TV and where you will be seated)
- Wall space (height and width of the wall space where you want to mount the TV)
It is important to note that the weight of your TV should also be taken into consideration when choosing a Sanus TV wall mount. Each Sanus wall mount has a weight capacity, so be sure to check that your TV falls within that range. Additionally, if you plan on mounting your TV in a corner, you will need to measure the distance between the corner and where you will be seated to ensure optimal viewing angles.
How to Determine the Correct Size of Sanus Tv Wall Mount for Your TV
To choose the right size of Sanus TV wall mount for your TV, follow these steps:
- Refer to your TV’s user manual or check the manufacturer’s website for the recommended VESA pattern and weight capacity.
- Select a Sanus wall mount that matches your TV’s VESA pattern and weight capacity, keeping in mind the diagonal measurement of your TV.
- Choose a wall mount that allows for the optimal viewing angle and provides enough space for any necessary cable connections and power outlets.
It is important to note that the size of the wall mount should not be based solely on the size of the TV screen. The weight of the TV and the VESA pattern are crucial factors to consider when selecting a wall mount. A wall mount that is too small or cannot support the weight of the TV can be dangerous and cause damage to both the TV and the wall.
Additionally, it is recommended to have a professional install the wall mount to ensure it is securely attached to the wall and can support the weight of the TV. Improper installation can also be dangerous and cause damage to the TV and wall, as well as potentially harm individuals in the room.
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Measuring Your Sanus Tv Wall Mount
To avoid measurement errors that could ruin your TV mounting experience, avoid these mistakes:
- Relying on estimate measurements instead of taking precise ones
- Forgetting to consider wall-mounted cabinets or other objects that could cause interference
- Choosing a wall mount that exceeds your TV’s weight capacity
- Overlooking the need for power and cable connections when determining viewing space
Another common mistake to avoid when measuring your Sanus TV wall mount is not taking into account the viewing angle. It’s important to consider the height at which the TV will be mounted and the distance from the viewing area to ensure a comfortable viewing experience. Additionally, not accounting for the size of the room and the placement of furniture can also impact the overall viewing experience. Taking these factors into consideration will help you choose the right wall mount and ensure a successful installation.
How to Adjust Your Measurements Based on the Placement of Your Sanus Tv Wall Mount
If you’re planning to mount your TV in different locations or at different heights, you’ll need to adjust your measurements accordingly. The center of the wall, TV size, viewing distance, and VESA pattern measurements should remain the same. However, be sure to measure the wall height and width and choose a wall mount that can accommodate those dimensions.
Additionally, it’s important to consider the weight of your TV when choosing a wall mount. If you have a larger or heavier TV, you’ll need a mount that can support its weight. You should also take into account the type of wall you’ll be mounting the TV on. If it’s a drywall, you’ll need to use anchors to ensure the mount is secure. If it’s a brick or concrete wall, you’ll need to use a drill and masonry bit to install the mount.
How to Ensure a Secure Fit: Checking and Double-Checking Your Measurements
Before making your final purchase decision and installing your Sanus TV wall mount, be sure to check and double-check your measurements. Use a level to ensure that your measurements are straight, and confirm that the wall mount you choose matches your TV’s VESA pattern and weight capacity. Doing so will ensure that your TV hangs securely and safely on the wall.
Additionally, it is important to consider the location of your wall mount installation. Make sure that the wall you choose is sturdy enough to support the weight of your TV and wall mount. Avoid installing the wall mount on a wall with electrical wiring or plumbing behind it, as this could cause damage or create a safety hazard. By taking these extra precautions, you can ensure that your TV is securely mounted and will provide you with years of enjoyment.
Troubleshooting: What to Do if You’ve Measured Incorrectly or Bought the Wrong Size Sanus Tv Wall Mount
If you’ve measured incorrectly or purchased the wrong-sized Sanus TV wall mount, don’t worry. Sanus offers a wide range of wall mounts in different sizes and styles to meet your needs. However, if you’ve already drilled holes into your wall and need to rectify the situation, you can use wall anchors to make the holes smaller or invest in a flat-screen swivel mount that can fit the same VESA pattern as your TV.
Final Thoughts: Why Proper Measurement is Key for a Successful Installation of Your Sanus Tv Wall Mount
Measuring your Sanus TV wall mount correctly is crucial for your TV mounting experience’s success. By taking precise measurements of your TV, VESA pattern, viewing distance, and wall space, and avoiding common mistakes, you can choose the correct size of wall mount that fits within your TV’s weight capacity and provides an optimal viewing angle. With a level and proper installation techniques, you can have a secure, safe, and beautiful-looking TV mount that you’ll enjoy for years to come.