A wall mounted TV can serve as a striking centerpiece in any room, but making it stand out can be challenging. Here are some tips and tricks to help you enhance the look of your wall mount TV, from choosing the right mount to accessorizing your space.
Top 5 Tips for Enhancing the Look of Your Wall Mount TV
1. Choose a mount that complements your TV and room décor. Consider the size, weight, and style of your TV, as well as the layout of your room, when selecting a wall mount. Look for a mount that is sturdy and easy to install, and that matches your décor. For example, if you have a sleek, modern TV, opt for a mount with a clean, minimalist design.
2. Conceal cords and wires to keep your space clutter-free. No one wants unsightly cords and wires dangling from their wall mounted TV! Hide them with a cord cover or hideaway kit that matches your wall color or décor. This will give your space a clean, organized look, and draw attention to your TV.
3. Add accessories to create a customized look. Consider adding accessories such as floating shelves, media cabinets, or wall art to enhance the look of your wall mount TV. These will not only help to make your TV stand out, but also provide additional storage space for other electronics and décor items.
4. Choose the right lighting to highlight your TV. Proper lighting is essential to making your wall mount TV stand out. Consider installing adjustable lighting fixtures such as track lighting or wall sconces that can be directed toward your TV. This will not only enhance the look of your TV, but also add a warm, inviting ambiance to your space.
5. Create a cozy seating area for comfortable viewing. Finally, be sure to create a comfortable viewing area for your wall mount TV. Consider adding seating such as recliners, sofas, or armchairs that are positioned at the right distance and angle to optimize your viewing experience. Add comfortable pillows and throws to make your space cozy and inviting.
6. Consider adding a soundbar or surround sound system to enhance your viewing experience. A soundbar or surround sound system can greatly improve the audio quality of your TV, making it feel like you’re in a movie theater. Look for a system that is compatible with your TV and easy to install.
7. Use a TV stand or console to complement your wall mount. If you have additional electronics or décor items that you want to display, consider using a TV stand or console that complements your wall mount. This will not only provide additional storage space, but also create a cohesive look in your space.
The Importance of Choosing the Right Wall Mount for Your TV
Choosing the right wall mount for your TV is key to making it stand out. There are several types of wall mounts available, each with its own features and benefits. Fixed mounts, for example, are best for TVs that are mounted at eye level, while tilting mounts allow you to adjust the angle of your TV for optimal viewing. Full-motion mounts, on the other hand, allow you to move your TV in any direction, making them ideal for rooms with multiple seating areas.
When choosing a wall mount, it’s important to consider the weight and size of your TV, as well as the type of wall you’ll be mounting it on. Be sure to read the manufacturer’s specifications to ensure that your wall mount is compatible with your TV, and consult a professional if you’re not comfortable installing it yourself.
How to Hide Unsightly Cords and Wires on Your Wall Mounted TV
One of the most common concerns when it comes to wall mounted TVs is unsightly cords and wires. Fortunately, there are several ways to hide them and keep your space looking neat and tidy. One option is to use a cord cover or hideaway kit that matches your wall color or décor. These simple solutions can be easily installed and will keep your cords out of sight.
If you’re not comfortable with the DIY approach, you may want to hire a professional to install your cords and wires behind the walls. This will give your space a clean, streamlined look, and eliminate the need for unsightly cable boxes or media cabinets.
Creative Ways to Incorporate Your Wall Mount TV into Your Home Decor
Your wall mount TV can be a great conversation starter and an integral part of your home décor. Consider incorporating it into your design scheme with creative arrangements and accessories. For example, you could add floating shelves or a media cabinet underneath your TV to provide additional storage space, or hang artworks or mirrors around your TV to create a visually appealing display.
Another option is to use your wall mount TV as a focal point for your room by positioning seating or other décor items around it. For example, you could add a coffee table in front of your TV and decorate it with books or candles for a cozy vibe.
Best Practices for Properly Installing a Wall Mounted TV
Proper installation is essential to making your wall mount TV stand out. Here are some best practices to ensure a safe and secure installation:
- Choose the right wall mount for your TV and wall type
- Make sure the wall is sturdy enough to support your TV and mount
- Locate the studs in your wall and use them for mounting
- Use a level to ensure that your TV is straight
- Secure the mount with appropriate hardware, and test the stability of the mount before hanging your TV
If you’re not comfortable installing your wall mount TV yourself, it’s best to hire a professional to ensure a safe and accurate installation.
The Benefits of Using a Floating Shelf with Your Wall Mount TV
Adding a floating shelf underneath your wall mount TV can be a great way to enhance the look of your space while providing additional storage space. Floating shelves come in a variety of styles, from rustic wood to sleek glass, and can be customized to match your décor. They can also be used to display décor items such as vases, photos, or figurines.
Another benefit of using a floating shelf is that it can help to hide cords and wires, keeping your space clutter-free. Just be sure to choose a shelf that is sturdy enough to support your TV and any additional items you may want to display.
How to Choose the Perfect Location for Your Wall Mounted TV
Choosing the right location for your wall mount TV is key to making it stand out. Consider the layout of your room, the size of your TV, and the viewing angle when selecting a spot for your TV. Opt for a location that is centrally located and easily visible from all seating areas.
When positioning your TV, it’s also important to consider lighting and glare. Choose a spot that is not too bright and that does not reflect too much light. This will ensure that your TV is easy to view, even in bright daylight.
DIY Tricks to Create a Customized Look for Your Wall Mount TV
If you’re looking for a DIY way to make your wall mount TV stand out, there are several tricks and hacks you can try. For example, you could use peel-and-stick wallpaper or decals to create a customized background for your TV. Alternatively, you could create a frame or molding around your TV to give it a more polished, finished look.
Another option is to use a wood plank or shelf to create a rustic, industrial look. Simply stain or paint a wooden plank to match your décor, and mount it on the wall above or below your TV. You can then use the shelf to display décor items such as photo frames, books, or candles.
Adding Surround Sound to Your Wall Mounted TV Setup
Enhance your viewing experience by adding surround sound to your wall mount TV setup. Surround sound systems can provide a more immersive, cinematic experience, and can be customized to fit the size and layout of your room.
There are several types of surround sound systems, from soundbars to full wall-mounted speaker systems. Consider your budget, room size, and desired sound quality when selecting a system, and check with your TV manufacturer to ensure compatibility.
Latest Trends in Wall Mount TVs and Accessories
Wall mount TVs are constantly evolving, and there are many exciting new trends and accessories to keep an eye on. For example, OLED TVs are becoming increasingly popular for their bright, vivid colors and thin, lightweight designs. Meanwhile, TV accessories such as soundbars and streaming sticks are making it easier than ever to customize your viewing experience.
When selecting a wall mount TV or accessories, it’s important to stay up-to-date on the latest trends and innovations. Consult reviews, watch demos, and do your research before making a purchase.
How to Clean and Maintain Your Wall Mounted TV
To keep your wall mount TV looking its best, it’s important to clean and maintain it regularly. Use a microfiber cloth or feather duster to gently remove dust and dirt from your TV and mount. Be careful not to use abrasive cleaners or cloths that could scratch your TV or remove its protective coating.
If you notice any smudges or fingerprints on your TV, you can use a gentle, alcohol-free cleaner to remove them. Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions and use a soft cloth or cotton swab to apply the cleaner.
Avoiding Common Mistakes When Installing a Wall Mounted TV
Finally, it’s important to avoid common mistakes when installing your wall mount TV. These can include using the wrong hardware, failing to properly secure the mount, or choosing a location that is too high or too low for comfortable viewing.
To avoid these mistakes, be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions carefully and take your time during installation. Consult a professional if you’re unsure about any aspect of the process.
The Pros and Cons of Using Artwork or Mirrors with a Wall Mounted TV
Using artwork or mirrors around your wall mount TV can be a great way to enhance the visual appeal of your space. Artwork can add color and texture to your walls, while mirrors can help to reflect light and make your space feel bigger. However, there are some pros and cons to consider when using these accessories with your wall mount TV.
On the plus side, artwork and mirrors can create a unique, visually appealing display around your TV. They can also be used to hide cords and wires, creating a streamlined look. However, too much artwork or too many mirrors can be distracting or overwhelming, and can detract from the TV itself.
When using artwork or mirrors with your wall mount TV, consider using a minimalist approach. Select a few key pieces that complement your décor and enhance the look of your space, rather than overwhelming it.
In conclusion, a wall mount TV can be an eye-catching and functional addition to any room, but making it stand out takes some planning and effort. By choosing the right mount, concealing cords and wires, adding accessories, and creating a cozy viewing area, you can create a TV setup that is both striking and enjoyable to use.