Installing a TV mount can seem like a daunting task, but with the right tools and knowledge it can be done quickly and easily. In this article, we will guide you through the process of installing an Emerald TV mount.
5 Important Things to Consider Before Installing a TV Mount
Before installing your TV mount, there are a few important things to keep in mind:
- Make sure the TV mount is compatible with your TV’s size and weight.
- Determine the location where the TV will be mounted and consider the viewing angle and distance from seating areas.
- Check the wall construction and materials to ensure it can support the weight of the TV and mount.
- Decide on cable management options to ensure that cords and wires are organized and hidden.
- Ensure that you have all the necessary tools and hardware for installation.
Aside from the five important things to consider before installing a TV mount, there are also other factors that you need to take into account. One of these is the type of wall where you will be mounting the TV. If you have a drywall, you need to make sure that you locate the studs and mount the TV bracket on them. On the other hand, if you have a concrete wall, you need to use special anchors to secure the mount.
Another important thing to consider is the height of the TV mount. The ideal height for a TV mount is eye level when you are seated. This will help prevent neck strain and provide a comfortable viewing experience. You can also consider tilting the TV mount to adjust the viewing angle and reduce glare.
Tools Needed for Installing Emerald Tv Mount
These are the tools you will need to install your Emerald TV mount:
- Stud Finder
- Tape measure
- Adjustable wrench
- Socket wrench set
Before you begin the installation process, it is important to ensure that you have all the necessary tools and equipment. In addition to the tools listed above, you may also need a ladder or step stool to reach the desired height for mounting your TV. It is also recommended that you have a friend or family member assist you during the installation process to ensure safety and accuracy.
It is important to note that the specific tools required for installation may vary depending on the type of wall or surface you are mounting your TV on. For example, if you are mounting your TV on a concrete or brick wall, you may need a masonry drill bit and anchors to secure the mount properly. Be sure to research the specific requirements for your installation before beginning the process.
Step-by-Step Guide to Installing an Emerald Tv Mount
Now that you have all the necessary tools and have considered the important factors, you are ready to install your Emerald TV mount. Follow these steps:
- Attach the mounting bracket to the back of your TV.
- Find the perfect location on your wall and use a stud finder to locate studs.
- Mark the spot for the pilot holes on the wall using a pencil and tape measure.
- Drill pilot holes into the studs at the marked points.
- Align the mounting plate to the pilot holes and screws in the wall.
- Check that the mounting plate is level before tightening the screws.
- Attach the arms of the mount to the back of the TV and hook it onto the mounting plate.
- Finally, check that your TV is level and securely attached to the mount.
It is important to note that the weight of your TV should not exceed the weight limit of the mount. Exceeding the weight limit can cause the mount to fail and potentially damage your TV or injure someone. Always check the weight limit of the mount before purchasing and installing it. Additionally, make sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully to ensure a safe and secure installation.
Understanding the Different Types of Emerald Tv Mounts Available
There are different types of Emerald TV mounts available and each provides a different viewing angle and flexibility. Some popular types are:
- Fixed Mounts: these are the simplest and most affordable mounts available that attach your TV directly to the wall providing a stationary view.
- Tilting Mounts: These give a little more flexibility for downward tilting and angling to reflect the light source and changing viewing positions.
- Full-motion Mounts: These are highly flexible allowing you to swivel your TV from side-to-side and tilt it up and down.
When choosing a TV mount, it is important to consider the size and weight of your TV. Some mounts are designed to support larger and heavier TVs, while others are better suited for smaller and lighter models.
Another factor to consider is the location of the mount. If you plan to mount your TV in a corner or above a fireplace, you may need a mount with a greater range of motion to ensure optimal viewing angles.
How to Choose the Right Wall for Your Emerald Tv Mount
Before installing your TV mount, you will need to consider the type of wall you will install it on. There are two popular types of wall mounts:
- Drywall: These are typically found in bedrooms and living rooms. However, drywall is not strong enough to support the weight of large TVs. Therefore, it is essential to mount the TV mount on a sturdy piece of wood or a metal structure.
- Brick: Brick walls are the most common type of walls found in large living rooms. They are strong enough to support larger TVs because of their thickness and weight-bearing capacity.
Another type of wall that you may encounter is a concrete wall. These walls are commonly found in basements and commercial buildings. They are extremely strong and can support heavy TVs, but they require special tools and techniques to install the TV mount.
It is also important to consider the location of the wall in relation to the viewing area. If the wall is too high or too low, it may cause discomfort or strain on the neck and eyes. The ideal height for a TV mount is at eye level when seated in the viewing area.
Tips for Finding the Studs in Your Wall Before Installing the Emerald Tv Mount
Locating the studs in your wall is essential to ensure that the TV mount is securely installed. Here are some tips for finding studs:
- Use a stud finder.
- Look for electrical outlets, light switches and baseboards as they are typically installed over a stud.
- Tap on the wall with a hammer or screwdriver to locate the stud.
- Measure from the corner of the wall or another fixed object to locate the studs
It is important to note that not all walls have studs in the same spacing. Some walls may have studs spaced 16 inches apart, while others may have them spaced 24 inches apart. It is important to determine the spacing of the studs before drilling any holes for the TV mount. You can use a measuring tape to measure the distance between two adjacent studs to determine the spacing. This will ensure that the TV mount is installed securely and will not fall off the wall.
How to Attach the Mounting Bracket to Your TV
Attaching the mounting bracket to your TV is the first essential step in mounting your TV. Here’s how to do it:
- First, make sure the mounting bracket is aligned with the holes in the TV’s back.
- Gently place the TV face down on a soft, cloth surface.
- Attach the bracket to the TV using the screws provided in the kit.
- Make sure the brackets are securely in place before moving on to the next step.
It’s important to note that the size and weight of your TV will determine the type of mounting bracket you need. Be sure to check the specifications of your TV and purchase a bracket that is compatible. Additionally, if you’re unsure about the installation process, it’s always best to consult a professional to ensure your TV is mounted safely and securely.
How to Securely Install the Emerald Tv Mount onto Your Wall
To withstand the weight of a TV, it is essential that the mount is securely installed onto the wall. Here’s how to do it:
- Choose a sturdy part of the wall where you will be able to secure the mount correctly.
- Mark the spot on the wall where you want to install the mount and make sure it is level.
- Drill pilot holes where you have marked the spots using the drill and screwdriver.
- Attach the mounting plate to the wall by screwing it into the pilot holes.
- Attach the arms of the mount to the back of the TV and hook it onto the mounting bracket
- Double-check that the TV is level and secure.
It is important to note that the size and weight of your TV will determine the type of mount you need. Make sure to check the specifications of the mount to ensure it can support your TV’s weight and size.
Additionally, it is recommended to have a second person assist you with the installation process, as it can be difficult to hold the TV and mount in place while securing it to the wall.
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Installing an Emerald Tv Mount
Here are some common mistakes to avoid when installing an Emerald TV mount:
- Failing to properly attach the mount to the wall. If the mount is not securely attached, the TV may fall and become damaged.
- Not checking the weight capacity of the mount before installing it.
- Forgetting to check if the mount is level or not.
- Drilling the pilot holes too deep or not deep enough.
- Not using the right tools or hardware for installation.
Another common mistake to avoid when installing an Emerald TV mount is not taking into account the location of the studs in the wall. It is important to locate the studs and attach the mount to them for maximum stability and safety.
Additionally, failing to properly route and conceal the cables and wires can lead to a messy and unorganized appearance. Take the time to plan out the cable routing and use cable ties or clips to keep them neat and tidy.
How to Hide Unsightly Cables after Installing your Emerald Tv Mount
Once you have installed your Emerald TV mount, you may be left with unsightly cables. Here are some tips to help hide the cables:
- Use cable clips or cable ties to fasten the cords neatly to the wall or molding behind the TV.
- Use a cord cover to hide cords that run along walls or floors.
- Wrap cords up neatly with a velcro strap.
- Install an in-wall cord system if you want a more permanent solution.
With this guide, you should now be equipped with the knowledge necessary to install your Emerald TV mount like a pro! Follow these steps carefully, and you will have a sturdy and secure TV mount that will last you for years to come. Happy installing!
It is important to note that before attempting to hide your cables, you should ensure that all cords are properly secured and organized. This will make it easier to hide them and prevent any potential hazards. Additionally, if you are unsure about how to properly hide your cables, it may be best to consult a professional to ensure that everything is done safely and correctly.