Mounting your TV on a wall is an excellent way to save space and enhance the viewing experience in your home. The Atlantic full-motion TV wall mount is a fantastic option to consider if you want a mount that is both strong and adjustable. This guide will show you everything you need to know about the Atlantic full-motion TV wall mount, from why you should choose it to how to install and maintain it properly. Let’s get started!
Why choose a full-motion TV wall mount
If you’re not sure whether to choose a full-motion or fixed wall mount for your TV, it’s essential to know the benefits of each. Fixed wall mounts are ideal if you want to mount your TV and leave it in one position permanently. However, if you want a more flexible viewing experience, a full-motion TV wall mount is the way to go. With a full-motion mount, you’ll be able to adjust your TV’s position horizontally and vertically, making it perfect for TV viewing in any room of your home.
Another advantage of a full-motion TV wall mount is that it allows you to reduce glare and improve your viewing angle. With a fixed wall mount, you may have to deal with glare from windows or lights, which can make it difficult to see the screen. However, with a full-motion mount, you can adjust the angle of your TV to reduce glare and get a better view of the screen.
Additionally, a full-motion TV wall mount can help you save space in your home. If you have limited space, a full-motion mount can allow you to position your TV in a way that maximizes your available space. You can even mount your TV in a corner or above a fireplace, which can be difficult with a fixed wall mount.
What to consider before purchasing an Atlantic full-motion TV wall mount
When deciding to buy an Atlantic full-motion TV wall mount, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- The size and weight of your TV – make sure that the mount can support your TV’s weight and size.
- The VESA pattern on the back of your TV – the mount needs to be compatible with your TV’s VESA pattern.
- The mounting location – you’ll need to ensure that you have enough space for the mount and that it is at a comfortable viewing height.
Another important factor to consider is the flexibility of the mount. Full-motion mounts allow you to adjust the angle and position of your TV, which can be useful if you have multiple viewing areas in a room or if you want to reduce glare from windows or lights.
It’s also important to consider the installation process. Some mounts require professional installation, while others can be easily installed by the homeowner. Make sure to read reviews and instructions carefully to determine if the mount is a good fit for your DIY skills.
Tools required for installing the Atlantic full-motion TV wall mount
Before you begin the installation, gather the following tools:
- Stud finder
- Tape measure
It is important to note that the weight of your TV will also determine the type of screws and anchors needed for installation. For TVs weighing less than 50 pounds, use 1/4-inch diameter screws and anchors. For TVs weighing between 50 and 100 pounds, use 5/16-inch diameter screws and anchors. For TVs weighing over 100 pounds, consult a professional installer or the manufacturer for the appropriate hardware.
Step-by-step guide on how to install the Atlantic full-motion TV wall mount
Follow these steps to install your Atlantic full-motion TV wall mount:
- Locate the studs in the wall using a stud finder, and mark them with a pencil.
- Hold the mounting plate against the wall and align it with the stud marks. Use a level to ensure that it is straight.
- Mark the drill holes and then drill pilot holes into the stud. Use screws to secure the mounting plate to the wall.
- Attach the arms to the back of your TV using the screws provided.
- Hook the arms onto the mounting plate and ensure that they are firmly in place.
- Adjust the TV’s position to the desired angle and tighten the screws to secure it in place.
It is important to note that the weight of your TV should not exceed the weight limit specified by the manufacturer of the wall mount. Exceeding this limit can cause the mount to fail and potentially damage your TV or injure someone. Always double-check the weight limit before purchasing and installing a wall mount.
Tips on positioning your TV with the Atlantic full-motion mount
The beauty of a full-motion TV wall mount is that you can adjust your TV’s position to achieve the perfect viewing angle. Here are a few tips for positioning your TV:
- Your TV should be at eye level when you are seated, with a slight downward angle.
- Avoid placing your TV in direct sunlight, as it can cause glare and make it difficult to see.
- Position your TV’s screen perpendicular to the light source in the room to reduce reflections.
Another important factor to consider when positioning your TV with the Atlantic full-motion mount is the distance between the TV and your seating area. The ideal distance for comfortable viewing depends on the size of your TV. As a general rule, the distance between your TV and seating area should be about 1.5 to 2.5 times the diagonal length of your TV screen. For example, if you have a 50-inch TV, the distance between your TV and seating area should be between 75 and 125 inches.
How to troubleshoot common installation issues with the Atlantic full-motion TV wall mount
If you encounter any issues during installation, here are some common problems and solutions:
- If you can’t find the studs, use toggle bolts to secure the mounting plate to the wall.
- If your TV is too heavy, you may need to install additional mounting brackets or hire a professional to help.
- If your TV isn’t level, adjust the mounting plate or tighten the screws on the arms until it is.
However, there are some other issues that you may encounter during installation that are not as common. One of these issues is that the mounting plate may not be flush against the wall, which can cause the TV to tilt forward. To fix this, you can use shims to fill any gaps between the mounting plate and the wall.
Another issue that you may encounter is that the arms of the mount may not be long enough to accommodate your TV. In this case, you may need to purchase longer arms or a different mount that is designed for larger TVs.
Maintenance tips for your newly installed Atlantic full-motion TV wall mount
To ensure that your Atlantic full-motion TV wall mount continues to function correctly, follow these maintenance tips:
- Clean the mount regularly with a soft, dry cloth to remove dust and debris.
- Check the screws and bolts periodically to make sure they are tight.
- If you need to remove your TV from the mount, do so carefully and follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
Additionally, it is important to avoid placing excessive weight on the mount. Make sure that the TV you are mounting is within the weight limit specified by the manufacturer. If you are unsure about the weight of your TV, consult the user manual or contact the manufacturer for assistance.
Furthermore, if you notice any damage or wear and tear on the mount, do not attempt to repair it yourself. Contact a professional installer or the manufacturer for assistance. Attempting to repair the mount yourself could result in further damage or even injury.
How to remove and reinstall your TV from the Atlantic full-motion mount
If you need to remove your TV from the Atlantic full-motion mount, follow these steps:
- Loosen the screws on the mounting arms to release the TV from the mount.
- Carefully lift the TV off the mount and set it down on a soft surface.
- If you need to reinstall the TV, follow the steps outlined in the previous section.
It is important to note that before removing your TV from the Atlantic full-motion mount, you should ensure that all cables and cords are disconnected from the TV. This will prevent any damage to the TV or the mount during the removal process.
When reinstalling your TV onto the Atlantic full-motion mount, make sure to double-check that the mounting arms are securely fastened to the TV. This will prevent any accidents or damage to the TV while it is mounted on the wall.
Frequently asked questions about the Atlantic full-motion TV wall mount
Here are some frequently asked questions about the Atlantic full-motion TV wall mount:
- Q: What is the weight capacity of the Atlantic full-motion TV wall mount?
A: The weight capacity varies depending on the model but generally ranges from 40-100 pounds.
- Q: How far does the mount extend from the wall?
A: The extension varies depending on the model but generally ranges from 2-24 inches from the wall.
- Q: Can I install the mount myself, or do I need to hire a professional?
A: If you have experience with DIY projects and feel comfortable using tools such as a drill and level, you can install the mount yourself. However, if you have any doubts, we recommend hiring a professional.
That’s everything you need to know about the Atlantic full-motion TV wall mount. With this guide, you should have no trouble selecting, installing, and maintaining your new mount. Enjoy your newly mounted TV!
It’s important to note that the Atlantic full-motion TV wall mount is compatible with a wide range of TV sizes, from 32 inches to 70 inches. However, we recommend checking the specifications of your specific TV model to ensure compatibility before purchasing the mount.