If you are in the market for a full motion TV mount, you may have come across the Sanus VLF728-B2 and the OmniMount OE150FM. Both mounts are designed to offer a superior viewing experience with their ability to tilt, swivel and extend, but there are differences that set them apart. In this article, we will compare the two mounts in terms of features, performance, installation, and maintenance, to help you make an informed decision.
Choosing the right TV mount: A comprehensive guide
Before we dive into the specifics of the Sanus VLF728-B2 and the OmniMount OE150FM, it is essential to understand what to look out for when selecting a full motion TV mount. Here are some factors to consider:
- TV size and weight
- Wall type and mounting surface
- Flexibility and adjustability of the mount
- Durability and overall quality of the mount
These are just a few considerations to keep in mind when shopping for a TV mount. Once you have a general idea of what you need, you can narrow down your options and compare specific models.
Another important factor to consider when choosing a TV mount is the viewing angle. Depending on the layout of your room, you may need a mount that allows for tilting or swiveling to ensure optimal viewing from different positions. Additionally, if you plan on mounting your TV in a high traffic area, you may want to consider a mount with a locking mechanism to prevent accidental bumps or knocks.
It’s also worth noting that some TV mounts come with additional features, such as cable management systems or built-in bubble levels for easy installation. While these features may not be essential, they can certainly make the installation process smoother and more convenient.
Understanding full motion TV mounts: What you need to know
Full motion TV mounts, also known as articulating mounts, are designed to give you a more customizable viewing experience. Unlike fixed mounts, full motion mounts allow you to swivel, tilt, and extend your TV for the best viewing angle. With a full motion mount, you can achieve a comfortable viewing position, no matter where you are sitting in the room. These mounts are particularly useful for large rooms or living spaces where multiple seating options are available.
One important factor to consider when choosing a full motion TV mount is the weight and size of your TV. Make sure to check the weight capacity of the mount and ensure that it can support your TV’s weight. Additionally, consider the VESA pattern of your TV, which refers to the distance between the mounting holes on the back of your TV. Make sure that the mount you choose is compatible with your TV’s VESA pattern.
Another advantage of full motion TV mounts is that they can be installed in a variety of locations, including corners and high up on walls. This allows for even more flexibility in your viewing experience. However, it is important to ensure that the mount is securely installed and that the weight of the TV is evenly distributed to prevent any accidents or damage to your TV or wall.
Sanus VLF728-B2 vs. OmniMount OE150FM: Which is better?
Both the Sanus VLF728-B2 and the OmniMount OE150FM are excellent options for full motion TV mounts. However, several key differences set them apart. Let’s take a closer look.
The Sanus VLF728-B2 has a weight capacity of 90 pounds, making it suitable for larger TVs. It also has a longer extension, allowing the TV to be pulled further away from the wall. On the other hand, the OmniMount OE150FM has a lower weight capacity of 50 pounds, but it has a lower profile and can be mounted closer to the wall. Consider your TV size and placement needs when deciding between these two options.
The pros and cons of the Sanus VLF728-B2 full motion TV mount
The Sanus VLF728-B2 is a full motion mount that can accommodate TVs up to 90 inches and 150 pounds. Here are some of the pros and cons of this mount:
- Easy to install
- Excellent build quality
- Smooth and effortless motion
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Relatively expensive
- May not be suitable for smaller TVs
- May not be compatible with some curved TVs
The pros and cons of the OmniMount OE150FM full motion TV mount
The OmniMount OE150FM is another full motion mount that can handle TVs up to 70 inches and 115 pounds. Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages of this mount:
- Durable and sturdy design
- Smooth and effortless motion
- Easy to install
- Not suitable for larger and heavier TVs
- May not be compatible with some curved TVs
- Less adjustability than some other models
Features comparison: Sanus VLF728-B2 vs. OmniMount OE150FM full motion TV mounts
When comparing the features of the Sanus VLF728-B2 and the OmniMount OE150FM, it’s important to note that both have some similarities and differences. Here are some of the key features:
- Both mounts can tilt, swivel, and extend.
- They both have universal VESA compatibility.
- Both mounts come with a cable management system to hide unsightly cords and cables.
- Both mounts have been tested to withstand up to four times their weight limit.
- The Sanus VLF728-B2 has a higher weight capacity and can handle larger TVs.
- The Sanus VLF728-B2 has a more adjustable arm length and can swivel further.
- The OmniMount OE150FM is more affordable than the Sanus VLF728-B2.
- The Sanus VLF728-B2 has a limited lifetime warranty, while the OmniMount OE150FM has a five-year warranty.
Performance comparison: Sanus VLF728-B2 vs. OmniMount OE150FM full motion TV mounts
When it comes to the performance of a full motion TV mount, there are several factors to consider. Here is a comparison of the performance of the Sanus VLF728-B2 and the OmniMount OE150FM:
The Sanus VLF728-B2 is a high-quality mount that is known for its smooth and effortless motion. It offers more adjustability than the OmniMount OE150FM, with a longer arm length and greater swivel range. Users report that it is easy to install, and the cable management system is effective at keeping cords and cables organized. The Sanus VLF728-B2 also offers a limited lifetime warranty for peace of mind.
The OmniMount OE150FM is a more modest mount that still delivers smooth and effortless motion. It is less adjustable than the Sanus VLF728-B2, with a shorter arm length and more limited swivel range. However, users report that it is easy to install, and the cable management system is effective. The OmniMount OE150FM is an affordable option, making it an excellent choice for those on a budget.
Installation guide for Sanus VLF728-B2 and OmniMount OE150FM full motion TV mounts
Both the Sanus VLF728-B2 and the OmniMount OE150FM come with an installation guide that will help you mount your TV securely and safely. It is essential to follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully to ensure that your mount is installed correctly. Here are some general tips for mounting your TV:
- Choose the right location and make sure the wall is sturdy enough to support the weight of your TV and the mount.
- Plumb the mount and use a level to ensure it is straight.
- Use appropriate hardware and secure the mount to at least two studs in the wall.
- Attach the mounting plate to the back of your TV, making sure it is centered and secure.
- Attach the TV to the mount and make any necessary adjustments to achieve the desired viewing angle.
Tips for mounting your TV with ease and safety
When mounting your TV, safety should be your top priority. Here are some tips to help make the process easy and safe:
- Enlist the help of a friend or family member to assist you with the installation.
- Choose the right mounting hardware for your TV and mount.
- Use a stud finder to locate the studs in your wall and ensure a secure mount.
- Check the weight limit of your mount and TV to make sure they are compatible.
- Always read the manufacturer’s instructions and follow them carefully.
Enhancing your viewing experience with a full motion TV mount
A full motion TV mount can be a game-changer when it comes to your viewing experience. With the ability to swivel, tilt, and extend your TV, you can achieve the perfect viewing angle from anywhere in the room. Whether you are watching movies with your family, playing video games with friends, or just relaxing after a long day, a full motion TV mount can make it all more enjoyable.
How to maintain your Sanus VLF728-B2 or OmniMount OE150FM full motion TV mount
Proper maintenance of your full motion TV mount can help extend its lifespan and ensure that it continues to perform optimally. Here are some tips for maintaining your Sanus VLF728-B2 or OmniMount OE150FM:
- Regularly check the tightness of all bolts and screws to ensure they are secure.
- Wipe down the mount with a soft cloth to remove dust and dirt.
- Inspect the mount periodically for signs of wear and tear, such as cracks or corrosion.
- Avoid hanging or placing heavy objects on the mount when not in use.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for cleaning and maintenance.
Comparing prices: Is the Sanus VLF728-B2 or OmniMount OE150FM worth the investment?
When it comes to the price of full motion TV mounts, there is a wide range of options available. The Sanus VLF728-B2 is one of the more expensive options on the market, while the OmniMount OE150FM is more affordable. However, it’s important to remember that the price should not be the only factor when making a purchasing decision. Consider your needs, the features of each mount, and the overall quality before making a decision.
Customer reviews: What are people saying about Sanus VLF728-B2 and OmniMount OE150FM full motion TV mounts?
Customer reviews can be an invaluable resource when shopping for a full motion TV mount. Here are some of the comments from users of the Sanus VLF728-B2 and the OmniMount OE150FM:
“This mount has completely transformed our living room. The smooth motion and adjustability are top-notch, and the installation was a breeze. Highly recommended!”
“The Sanus VLF728-B2 is a great mount that can handle even the largest TVs. It’s well-built and has a solid feel when you adjust it.”
“For the price, you can’t beat this mount. It’s sturdy and works great, and the installation was straightforward.”
“I was a little hesitant about buying a less expensive mount, but the OmniMount OE150FM exceeded my expectations. It’s easy to use and looks great.”
Both the Sanus VLF728-B2 and the OmniMount OE150FM are excellent options for full motion TV mounts. When deciding between the two, consider your needs, the size and weight of your TV, the adjustability you want, and your budget. Both mounts have their pros and cons, and the right choice ultimately depends on your specific requirements. With the right mount, you can enhance your viewing experience and enjoy your TV to the fullest.