If you are looking for a way to maximize the versatility of your 50 inches TV, an articulating TV mount might be the perfect solution for you. This type of mount allows you to easily adjust the angle and position of your TV, giving you a wider range of viewing options. However, with so many different options out there, choosing the best articulating TV mount for your 50 inches TV can be a daunting task. In this article, we will go over everything you need to know to make an informed decision.
What is an articulating TV mount?
An articulating TV mount is a type of bracket that allows you to adjust the angle and position of your TV. Unlike fixed mounts, which keep your TV in a single position, an articulating mount features a hinge that lets you rotate your TV horizontally or vertically. This gives you more flexibility in terms of viewing angles, and allows you to adjust the position of your TV to best suit your preferences.
Additionally, some articulating TV mounts also have the ability to extend or retract the TV from the wall. This feature is especially useful for those who want to save space in their living room or bedroom. With an articulating mount, you can pull the TV out when you want to watch it, and push it back against the wall when you’re done. This not only saves space, but also helps to protect your TV from accidental bumps or scratches.
Why choose an articulating TV mount for your 50 inches TV?
The main advantage of using an articulating TV mount is the flexibility it offers. This is especially true for larger TVs like 50 inches models, which can be cumbersome to move around once they are mounted on a fixed bracket. With an articulating mount, you can easily adjust the position of your TV depending on your needs. For example, you can tilt your TV down if you are sitting on the floor, or move it to the side if you need more space in the room. Additionally, articulating mounts can help reduce glare and reflections on your TV screen, which can improve your viewing experience.
Another benefit of using an articulating TV mount is that it allows you to easily access the back of your TV for maintenance or cable management. This is particularly useful if you have multiple devices connected to your TV, as you can easily switch cables or add new ones without having to take the TV down from the wall. Moreover, articulating mounts are designed to support the weight of larger TVs, so you can be confident that your TV will be securely mounted and won’t fall off the wall.
Finally, an articulating TV mount can also enhance the aesthetic appeal of your room. Unlike fixed mounts, which can look bulky and unattractive, articulating mounts are sleek and modern, and can complement the design of your TV and room. Some articulating mounts even come with cable management systems that can hide unsightly cables and cords, giving your room a clean and organized look.
How to install an articulating TV mount for 50 inches TV?
Installing an articulating TV mount for your 50 inches TV can be a bit tricky, especially if you are not used to working with power tools. However, most mounts come with detailed instructions and all the hardware you need to get the job done. Here are the basic steps you will need to follow:
- Locate the studs on your wall using a stud finder.
- Drill pilot holes into the wall and attach the mounting bracket using lag bolts.
- Attach the mounting plate to the back of your TV using the screws provided.
- Attach the mounting plate to the bracket using the locking mechanism.
It is important to make sure that your TV is securely mounted before using it. If you are unsure about the installation process, it is always best to hire a professional.
Before you start the installation process, it is important to consider the location of the TV mount. Make sure that the mount is placed at a comfortable viewing height and angle. You should also ensure that the mount is installed in a location that is safe and secure, away from any potential hazards.
Another important factor to consider is the weight capacity of the mount. Make sure that the mount you choose is capable of supporting the weight of your TV. If you have a particularly heavy TV, you may need to invest in a heavy-duty mount that is specifically designed for larger TVs.
Top features to look for in an articulating TV mount.
When selecting an articulating TV mount for your 50 inches TV, there are a few key features that you should look for:
- Weight capacity: Make sure the mount you choose can support the weight of your TV.
- Range of motion: Look for a mount that provides a wide range of motion so that you can adjust the position of your TV as needed.
- Build quality: Choose a mount made from durable materials that can withstand the weight of your TV.
- Cable management: Look for a mount that includes cable management options to keep your cords tidy and organized.
Another important feature to consider when selecting an articulating TV mount is the ease of installation. Look for a mount that comes with clear instructions and all the necessary hardware for installation. Some mounts may also include a built-in level to ensure that your TV is mounted straight. Additionally, consider the aesthetics of the mount and how it will look in your space. Some mounts have a sleek, low-profile design that can blend in seamlessly with your decor.
Top brands of articulating TV mounts that fit 50 inches TVs.
There are many different brands of articulating TV mounts on the market, some of the most popular include:
When choosing an articulating TV mount, it’s important to consider the weight capacity and VESA pattern compatibility. Sanus is known for their high weight capacity mounts, while Vogel’s offers a wide range of VESA pattern compatibility options.
Kanto and OmniMount both offer unique features such as cable management systems and easy installation processes. Kanto’s mounts are also known for their sleek and modern designs, while OmniMount offers a variety of mounting options including ceiling and under-cabinet mounts.
Comparison of the best articulating TV mounts for 50 inches TVs.
Here is a more detailed comparison of some of the best articulating TV mounts for 50 inches TVs:
|Brand||Weight capacity||Range of motion||Price|
|Sanus VMPL50A-B1||130 lbs||15 degrees tilt, 90 degrees swivel||$119|
|Vogel’s TMS1000||110 lbs||20 degrees tilt, 180 degrees swivel||$199|
|Kanto PDX650||125 lbs||15 degrees tilt, 80 degrees swivel||$129|
|OmniMount OE150FM||50 lbs||13 degrees tilt, 180 degrees swivel||$44|
It is important to note that when choosing an articulating TV mount, you should consider the VESA pattern of your TV. The VESA pattern is the distance between the mounting holes on the back of your TV. Make sure that the mount you choose is compatible with your TV’s VESA pattern to ensure a secure and stable installation.
Pros and cons of using an articulating TV mount for your 50 inches TV.
Here are some of the main pros and cons of using an articulating TV mount:
- Flexibility: You can easily adjust the position of your TV to suit your needs.
- Improved viewing angles: An articulating mount allows you to view your TV from a wider range of angles, reducing glare and reflections.
- Easy cable management: Many articulating mounts come with built-in cable management options, keeping your cords organized and tidy.
- Installation can be difficult: Installing an articulating mount can be tricky, especially if you are not used to working with power tools.
- More expensive: Articulating mounts tend to be more expensive than fixed mounts.
- May not work in all spaces: Depending on the layout of your room, you may not be able to take full advantage of the range of motion offered by an articulating mount.
How to maintain your articulating TV mount and extend its lifespan.
To keep your articulating TV mount in good condition, it is important to perform regular maintenance. Here are a few tips:
- Clean the mount regularly with a damp cloth to remove dust and dirt.
- Check the bolts and screws periodically to make sure they are tight.
- Be careful when adjusting the position of your TV to avoid putting too much strain on the mount.
- If you have any concerns about the condition of your mount, have it inspected by a professional.
Safety tips when using an articulating TV mount for your 50 inches TV.
When using an articulating TV mount, it is important to take safety precautions to avoid accidents. Here are a few tips:
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully when installing the mount.
- Make sure the mount is securely attached to the wall and your TV before using it.
- Avoid overloading the mount or adjusting the position of your TV too aggressively.
- Make sure children and pets stay away from the TV area to avoid accidents.
Frequently asked questions about articulating TV mounts for 50 inches TVs.
What is the weight limit for an articulating TV mount?
The weight limit for an articulating TV mount varies depending on the specific mount you choose. Make sure to check the weight limit before purchasing a mount to ensure that it can support your TV.
What is the maximum angle of adjustment for an articulating TV mount?
The maximum angle of adjustment varies between different articulating mounts. Look for a mount that offers a wide range of motion if you want to have more flexibility in terms of viewing angles.
Will all articulating TV mounts work with 50 inches TVs?
No, not all articulating TV mounts are compatible with 50 inches TVs. Make sure to check the specifications of the mount before purchasing to ensure that it will fit your TV.
Conclusion: The best articulating TV mount for your 50 inches TV.
Choosing the best articulating TV mount for your 50 inches TV requires careful consideration of your needs and preferences. Factors such as weight capacity, range of motion, and build quality should all be taken into account when selecting a mount. Some of the top brands of articulating mounts include Sanus, Vogel’s, Kanto, and OmniMount. By following proper installation and maintenance procedures, you can enjoy the benefits of an articulating mount for many years to come.